View Single Post
Old 13th September 2016, 08:53 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Whether well-known, or relatively unknown, for what it's worth, below are my ranked film lists from 1968 - 2014 (I haven't seen enough films from 2015/2016 to make a good list as yet, although I have included my 2015 list).

If anything notable is missing it's either because I haven't seen it yet (shame on me!) or I want to re-watch it in order to rank it. Some of these lists need a little re-shuffling here and there, but hopefully you'll find a few things you might want to watch if you're inclined to take a look.

- 2015: Ranked
- 2014: Ranked
- 2013: Ranked
- 2012: Ranked
- 2011: Ranked
- 2010: Ranked
- 2009: Ranked
- 2008: Ranked
- 2007: Ranked
- 2006: Ranked
- 2005: Ranked
- 2004: Ranked
- 2003: Ranked
- 2002: Ranked
- 2001: Ranked
- 2000: Ranked
- 1999: Ranked
- 1998: Ranked
- 1997: Ranked
- 1996: Ranked
- 1995: Ranked
- 1994: Ranked
- 1993: Ranked
- 1992: Ranked
- 1991: Ranked
- 1990: Ranked
- 1989: Ranked
- 1988: Ranked
- 1987: Ranked
- 1986: Ranked
- 1985: Ranked
- 1984: Ranked
- 1983: Ranked
- 1982: Ranked
- 1981: Ranked
- 1980: Ranked
- 1979: Ranked
- 1978: Ranked
- 1977: Ranked
- 1976: Ranked
- 1975: Ranked
- 1974: Ranked
- 1973: Ranked
- 1972: Ranked
- 1971: Ranked
- 1970: Ranked
- 1969: Ranked
- 1968: Ranked
I almost started my Quest last night, and was looking at people suggestions for idea's, but i was a tadge tired been out all day walking the streets, im not a pc or a some sort of gigolo. (sorry im male so that'll make me a gigolo not a prostitute) sadly only action i get these days is in my dreams
Ive been Handing out leaflets and sticking them on cars to try drum up business its been quiet for these last few weeks for us, with schools going back.

But i still manage to watch

Whistle and I'll come you, which is on B E list so thank you B E for making me want to watch something ive been meaning to get round to.
Ive never got round to buying the boxset or seeing any of the series so since it was pretty short 40min r so i think, It gave me enough time to watch before i finally fell into the land of Zzzzzzz

It was beautifully shot and well done with the scenery and background, camera work everything was done extremely good.
And come across as quite touching because of its realism, about a professor who likes a walk and the seaside enjoying his own company having a picnic and looking at old graves. He has a disbelief in Ghost and spirits, but all that was soon to change, when he comes across a old whistle by a grave, he goes back to his Hotel room and cleans it up, and decides to give it a blow after reading the enstranged writing on the side Who is this who is coming? because there onwards he is slowly tormented by the strange supernatural and unexplained.
The success comes from the slow build up, attention to detail and atmosphere, Where its not what you see its what you imagining you are seeing (or not)
( The being outside in the fresh air scenes made me feel like i wanted to get out and do something similar) Beautifully shot and made
Even tho not a film its things like this that make me harp on about how goes to show you dont need much happening in it, if its done correct it'll keep you interest, and thats exactly what this did, i myself could watch stuff like this all day long over action packed, crash, bang, wallop, shit like San Andreas.
Only thing why was the character made to be a like a muttering bumbling idiot? Did Rowan Atkinson get his idea for Mr Bean of this character
Either way was pleasantly surprised how nice and well made it was and gripping to keep you interested. Definitely a recommendation if not seen and shall look forward to rest of the series when i get round to it.

Thanks B E