View Single Post
Old 6th November 2016, 07:23 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
Been a while since i delved into the set, but i was in the right mood for some thrilling and managed to pick out a good one to get me rolling again.

------------------------------------------------------

Episode 1.04 An Echo of Theresa

Main Cast: Paul Burke (Brad Hunter), Polly Bergen (Suzy Hunter), Dinsdale Landen (Mathew Earp), Basil Henson (Charles Merrow), Vernon Dontcheff (Bannerheim), Meriel Brooke (Theresa), William Job (Trasker)

So, Brad Hunter (played well by Paul Burke) is losing his mind in London on a 'second honeymoon' with his wife Suzy. In the first few minutes he has several meltdowns, seemingly after looking at a newspaper. He wrongly calls his wife Teresa, and has a fight with a prospective business client. Cue strange characters with cats, the private detective Earp, and hearts cut out of the centres of newspapers.

The acting is for the most part excellent (with an exception or two), the story is intriging, with some fine characters, Charles Merrow and Mathew Earp prime among them. In fact, Dinsdale Landen has made a fine character from the material given to him and I wouldn't have minded seeing a series with him as the lead character. The ending is a slight let-down, but as Mr. Earp gets the best lines, I won't hold it against them. Very entertaining and my new favourite episode.

5 out of 5.
I too enjoyed this one D. One of the best so far, A Place to Die is still my current favourite though.