Thread: Roger Corman
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2008, 03:52 PM
Active Cultist

Default Roger Corman

How the mighty have fallen eh!

There I was an Italian genre film blogger minding my own business then all of a sudden the effects of oil price spike and food price rises and protectionim have resulted in this household being almost skint at the end of the working week. I have stalled on shemeless 9,. I am doing overtime friday and saturday to buy the rest which I hope to pick up Cup final day in cardiff during a rescheduled cardiff trip and maybe pick up a few more titles.

Anyway what I am saying is this- I have no money for films folks! So, since I have no money I do what any self respecting film blogger does- I start reviewing public domain films. In particular the ones found here- www.archive.org (download and view online),

anyhow this has resulted in me learning what a delightful director Roger Corman actually was. And I have largely overlooked this dude for so long _ ithink the only corman directed films I'd seen was X (the man with the xray eyes) and the great drugsploitation film The Trip and possibly the poe ones. Now I can add Swamp Women and Last Woman on Earth to that list. And I have a few more downloaded ready to watch. (all it seems public domain)

Anyway is there someone here who could give the lowdown on Corman, what to watch, what to avoid, etc.

am probably more familiar with corman produced stuff to e honest, as he did produce hell of a lot of films but corman as a director am learning here,

My blog has moved house: Italian Film Review Blog