View Single Post
Old 8th January 2017, 03:33 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenhooker View Post
I've never complained about remakes, I don't really understand why people do. Remaking a film doesn't eradicate the original. Don't like them, don't watch them.

The faux outrage over remaking films is absurd. I love The Exorcist but they could remake the hell out of it, I'd still have the original on my shelf.
I suppose its probably to do with film industry not coming up with much new, different, or fresh, and more to do with feels like their remaking whole entire film in history, rebooting it, sequels, tv shows etc, same with constantly being overkill on superhero crap. And it feels like thats all the film industry seems to be doing these days
A change is a good as rest and less is more, to much of a good thing eventualy you go of it get bored or fed up of it, odd remake sequel etc is ok now and again but if there no real thought into the film with no real story, character building, tension, atmosphere or what ever makes a film, then whats the point. I like the new Nightmare on elm st, and children of the corn remake, said no one ever...film industry is like music its gone so bad and awful your getting to point you actualy enjoying something shit because their nowt else much better on offer, thats shy we keep going back to all old stuff