View Single Post
Old 19th March 2017, 02:39 PM
Cult Addict

Exterminators of the 3000

exterminators-of-the-year-3000.jpg

For my money its the best Italian Mad Max rip off I’ve seen, with some moments that approximate the kinetic vehicular mayhem of it’s inspiration, a lot of scenes are straight lifts from mm2, with some bone crunching crashes and car flips.
Theres an evil guy clearly modelled on the second fiddle bad guy from MM2 and his sidekick who comes across as a psychotic and leather clad young Floella Benjamin.

exterminatorscunningham.jpg

Lead guy Alien roams the barren landscape looking for water, posing and killing bad guys.
He meets a kid with a gerbil(?) (who also appeared in city of living dead and cannibal apocalypse), the kid is some kinda android i think although not much is made of this apart from the fact he is really good at throwing stuff.
Also turning up is some Old guy and Aliens old girlfriend Trash.

So everyone is basically looking for water, the kid to save his home colony, the others to survive and get rich (?!?)

Along the way we get some music that appears to be the Blade Runner theme played by Jean Michel Jarre, also some blood, booby traps, mutants and dodgy fashion statements.
The only thing absent here is nudity,but hey you can’t have it all.
Still i found this really entertaining and cheerily stupid in all the right places.

It was one of the first VHS movies me and a friend rented from the boot of some dodgy guys car during the pre cert era, along with the likes of Evil Dead and Mad Max films.
So i have a nostalgia for the film but couldn’t actually remember much detail, another film i approached expecting to ruin a childhood memory. Happily this was enjoyable once again and the Shout factory Blu i watched probably enhanced my enjoyment as it was much clearer and more impressive than my VHS recollections.

So as the bad guy says.
"Once more into the breach you mother grabbers”

An enjoyable piece of post apocalyptic trash, recommended if you like that sort of thing.
7/10

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.