View Single Post
Old 27th March 2017, 11:44 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I've seen a few films over the last few days, some better than others.
I was expecting the worst for Manhattan Baby but I pleasantly surprised, the plot didn't make any sense after the midway point but it was fun, the soundtrack was amazing! I found myself being pretty annoyed by the aupair throwing the photograph on the grass when it wouldn't develop that really stuck with me haha.
Aenigma, I expected the worst and it's pretty much lived up to it. Some of the deaths didn't make any sense, death by snails, why didn't she just stand up and shake them off some parts were effective though, like when the slutty girl found her boyfriend with the top of his head missing and every time she left room she ended up back in the bedroom. Ultimately rubbish though.
I was very surprised by Resident Evil 5, I actually really enjoyed watching that one, it seems to have the Star Trek curse in reverse, odd numbers good even numbers bad These films are LOUD I felt sorry for my neighbours watching this, even in the day time, the bass was booming all over.
On Her Majesty's Secret Service was a virgin viewing for me, I'm watching my Bond BD set in order - although not under any kind of schedule, just as and when. This was best one since Dr No and a welcome break from Connery to be honest. Really shocked by the downbeat ending, poor Diana Rigg. Loved it!
Went to see Kong yesterday in the cinema, I'm afraid to say it's pretty boring. Really good visuals, cringe making script and a rubbish story. It's worth a watch, but wait for it to be on Sky Movies/Netflix to be honest, the high (and dropping every day) score on Rotten Tomatoes is misleading.
Your Vice ...Edwige and Anita is all you need to know really, Boobs and Blades.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky