View Single Post
Old 27th March 2017, 09:44 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Vacation (2015)

A film that's basically National Lampoons Vacation remade. In this Clark and Ellen's son Rusty takes his wife and two children on the infamous cross country road trip to Walley World.

Whilst the film is brought up to date with more sexual humour there are also plenty of gags that could have come straight out of the classic films of the 80's. I certainly enjoyed it more than anticipated, indeed i laughed out loud more than once.

It also helps that Ed Helms is a likable Rusty Griswold as is the always sparkling Christina Applegate as wife Debbie. In fact Applegate completely steals the show on more than one occasion. It ends rather nicely with a visit to see Clark and Ellen and i felt it rather sweet seeing Chevy Chase and Beverly D'Angelo again even if they were little more than cameos.

If you enjoyed the original National Lampoon Vacation films then i'd definitely suggest you give this a go. You just might enjoy it as much as i did.
Good call Dem. I enjoyed Vacation and liked the way it was essentially a proper sequel to the original Chevy Chase films. I also like Ed Helms, an underrated comedy performer.