View Single Post
Old 14th April 2017, 12:30 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
A rare thing just happened, I've turned a film off without making it to the end. The film was Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things and I lasted 40 minutes before I couldn't take anymore, I may try again at a later date but I highly doubt it, absolute garbage. Hopefully Dead of Night/Deathdream is an improvement otherwise I've wasted just under a tenner!

Almost 5 years after I posted this, and thanks to a review by Demdike (who agreed with my opinion on the film back then), I decided to give this film another shot. Definitely a slow burner, with nothing really happening for the first hour, but once the titular dead things rise from the graves, we're in Romero/Fulci territory, with the final 30 minutes being worth the slow start.
It's no classic by any means, but it is a film I'll definitely watch again, my opinion from 2012's ill fated attempt to watch the film has changed drastically. 3 1/2 out of 5
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!