View Single Post
Old 4th May 2017, 11:14 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Watched Liquid Sky (1982, Slava Tsukerman)

Stuck this on after posting that picture. What a film. Pretentious is not a word I use a lot (how could I?? ) but seriously I either never noticed it before or whatever, but this was made by a Russian in New Yoik in the early 80s, a time when shall we say the place was awash with 16mm maniacs

Margaret is a model. Adrian is a singer (). Paul is, well, Paul is a junkie, as most of them are tbh. So when a tiny alien ship lands onto their roof, shit gets weird as they say.
Look, I sat through Begotten and Melancholie Der Engel in the same night, so you can say my tolerance for overarching concepts is somewhat higher that most, yes?
Still.....
Probably a brilliant satire of the club scene of the time (outsider viewpoint and all that)...it's just that they are all such vacuous cnuts, so I cared less whether they survive.....).
Violence, sex, drugs, the worst Grace Jones impersonation to sear my ears and eyes (fae the wee quine from Alice Sweet Alice ....sweet young thing aint sweet no more etc)
Ahem.
Recommended.
Nice verbals, as ever. Brilliant film, one of my all time faves, sadly still only available in shabby editions that tend to cost ££ if at all. You'd have thought Arrow or Criterion would've had a stab at it by now.