View Single Post
Old 13th May 2017, 01:47 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinematic Shocks View Post
Most wanted: Well more of a wanted reboot really, as I would like to see Resident Evil actually done right with a faithful adaptation based on the early games. I'd love to see the Resident Evil 2 story on the big screen.
I'd be well up for a Resident Evil 2 movie. The film series as it stands just seems to bear no relation to the tone of the games. It has the insanity down, granted, but the atmosphere just isn't there. (I've only seen 2 and a bit of the films, though.) I wouldn't be fussed about it sticking to the story - I hardly remember what it is anyway - but the tone, definitely. If they just get a decent script and have a police station, Racoon City and the two leads hammering on zombies, I'd be happy. They could have Leon and Claire teaming up - save the dull one-person-wandering-about scenes that plague these kinds of films - and give it a bit of a David Ayer vibe for their relationship. Oh, and they need to shotgun a zombie in half and have it still keep coming! That's the high watermark of Resident Evil moments for me, simpleton that I am.