View Single Post
Old 30th May 2017, 11:32 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I've not bought this but considering it;

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Misplaced-C...dp/B071YS3XYV/

Deluxe edition of Misplaced Childhood, 4 CDs and Bluray which has a feature length documentary about the album as well as a surround sound mix by Steve Wilson! The other CDs feature a concert recording from the period and a disc of rarities, b-sides and demos! £25 is not bad either!
I saw Marillion performing 'Misplaced Childhood' in Southampton in 1985. The concert was originally scheduled for October, but (for reasons that escape me now) it was cancelled and re-scheduled for December.

It was to be the last show played at the old Gaumont Cinema venue, before it closed down for a total refit, re-opening as the Mayflower Theatre in 1987

Anyway, they came on stage and performed "Script for a Jester's Tear", "Incubus", "Chelsea Monday" and "The Web". Fish then said to the audience: "This is going to be our last song of the evening"! Cue much booing from the crowd, because the band had only played for about 30 minutes, and we all knew that the venue would be closing at the end of the show

They then went on to play 'Misplaced Childhood' in its entirety, before returning for encores of "Fugazi", "Garden Party" and "Market Square Heroes"

It was a good show, and (in my opinion) this record was their last grasp of greatness

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty