View Single Post
Old 13th June 2017, 11:04 PM
Cult Rookie

Robots. Love it. I'm gonna include the obvious ones, but Star Wars still doesn't get a mention, just because I want to be a show pony. I'm gonna stick to movies where the robot is important, too, and not just as a character but in their basic robotness (which I think is important in Alien, but not Aliens). (Excuse a couple of rants here.)

1. The Iron Giant (greatest robot movie ever, actually being about the nature of being a robot with a specific design purpose - also makes me cry like a kid who just dropped his ice cream)
2. Terminator 2

3. Transformers: Dark of the Moon (firing shots at Pacific Rim here - T3 had robots with swords first, they actually fight in populated cities rather than in the empty harbor in the most densely populated city on earth, and Shia, as much as a nob as he might be in real life, has personality, unlike Charlie Hunham.... rant over haha - **strong feelings**)
4. The Matrix (I'm having Agent Smith as a robotic beast, but the octopuses are in this one briefly too :P )
5. Robocop
6. Alien
7. Chappie (don't understand the hate for this, unless people just find the gangsters annoying, but I loved it, thought it was a great update of Short Circuit with a lot of personality of its own)
8. A.I. (divisive I guess because of a really weird ending and trendy Spielberg vs Kubrick trash talk, but I dug it - really enjoyed the world of it, the concept, Osment is brilliant, and it's full of great little moments)
9. Wall-E (just love it to bits)
10. The Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy (patchy and not as good as the books, but a patchy version of the books is still very, very good!)

Honorable mention to Logan's Run!