View Single Post
Old 11th September 2017, 04:42 PM
Ex-member

Default Worst cockney geezer(s) crime film?

My nominees are.

Honest (2000)

Which had two of All Saints in it and trying to do cockney accents.

Rancid Aluminum (2000)

Some of the critics have said "This film succeeds in getting its cast - some of the brightest and best of British character actors, young and old - to give the worst performances imaginable... The plot is all over the place, eventually incomprehensible, and very, very boring."

"I couldn’t even work out where the film is supposed to be set. Isn't that Portobello Road? Why is Tara Fitzgerald talking about Exeter? And how in hell did we get to this cricket pavilion? Director Ed Thomas appears to have been aiming for the Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels crowd, but misses by several billion miles."

"In many ways, Rancid Aluminium is beyond criticism because it is very hard, even after several viewings, to work out what the hell is going on" and that it was "incomprehensible and deeply lacklustre in all departments."

I agree.

and

We Still Kill the Old Way (2014)

Which had amongst it's cast Ian Ogilvy trying to do a 'cockney' accent and fails badly.

If that is bad enought they made a sequel called We Still Steal the Old Way (2017) which I will avoid at all costs.

Obviously they are popular with some sections of the public as they keep on making them eeeeeek!

So what are yours?