View Single Post
Old 27th September 2017, 02:13 PM
Seasoned Cultist

**** you Mother!... Darren Aronofsky’s film that is. I was so angry leaving the cinema that I had to calm myself down with a few beers with my dinner. The pretentious biblical allegory that is about as deep as a kiddie’s pool, and as subtle as a brick in the teeth, is insulting to the viewer’s intelligence. It’s just plain boring too; Roman Polanski in his excellent 1965 film Repulsion handled the psychological elements of the female lead being driven mad much more interestingly. It’s a piece of shit that is a waste of the director and the cast’s talents. This is coming from someone who is generally a fan of Aronofsky’s work - The Wrestler and Black Swan are two of my favourites of the century.

*1/2 out of *****

On a more positive note, I really enjoyed Kingsman: The Golden Circle. It’s not a great film, it’s not quite as smart as the original, and it lacks a fair share of its charm, but it’s inventive enough, funny enough, cheesy enough, and so over the top that I couldn’t help but be very entertained by it.

***1/2 out of *****

In-depth analysis on horror, exploitation, and other shocking cinema @ Cinematic Shocks

Last edited by Cinematic Shocks; 27th September 2017 at 02:24 PM.