View Single Post
Old 7th October 2017, 10:10 PM
Cult Addict

Tonight's watches

Cannibal Ferox

A woman with brother and a friend go to the amazon to disprove the idea of cannibalism. Their car gets stuck so they walk on foot to the tribe, they then find 2 men; one wounded who take them their but try to hold off by warning them that these people are dangerous. Turns out the tribesmen are angry after one the 2 men tortured and killed for not finding emeralds. As well as this it turns out the torturer screwed the mob over. The tribesmen return and torture the people.

Umberto Lenzi's other delving into cannibalism is not too bad, I haven't watched it in a few years so it felt fresh in my mind. The acting is good, soundtrack dull but not terrible and the voice dubbing is ok.(of course though it was The vipco release so can't say much on quality).

6/10

Xtro

A man is playing with his son and dog, after throwing a stick in the air he's abducted by aliens, a few years later and an alien lands on earth, killing a couple and then impregnating a woman and birthing the father from the beginning, who then goes to find his wife and son and try to bring them back to the alien world by giving his son his powers.

For a low budget sci fi horror film; it looks great. The effects are amazing, plenty of memorable moments. However the acting is meh and the soundtrack is annoying and at times sounds like someone passed out in the keyboard of a synthesizer.

7/10

Sent from my MediaPad T1 8.0 Pro using Tapatalk