View Single Post
Old 10th December 2017, 12:53 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I can't wait to see Lady Bird, it's not really a Cult Labs film but it looks fantastic. I'm also hearing really good stuff about Molly's Game which comes out in the new year.

The new Guillermo Del Toro film, I'm trying not to learn anything about it at all and I just want to go and see it blindly. I'm REALLY looking forward to it though, early feedback has been positive.
I realise all these are more mainstream than 'cult' films, but they are likely to appeal to a number of people here. Like you, I've read, seen and heard so many positive things about Lady Bird, and any film with Saoirse Ronan in the lead role is worth watching simply because she is an astonishingly good actor.

One of the more extraordinary things in any of the trailers is Darkest Hour, where I wouldn't know Gary Oldman was playing Winston Churchill from that footage. Apart from the eyes and some mouth movements, he's practically unrecognisable.

The thing about trailers is I hope they don't spoil the film, but everything I've seen recently (Suburbicon as the most obvious example) has been 'misrepresented' by the trailer to such an extent that the film bears little resemblance to the snippet of a collection of scenes I saw a few months previously.