View Single Post
Old 17th December 2017, 11:14 PM
Cult Addict

Rogue One

258128-rogue-one-a-star-wars-story-0-230-0-345-crop.jpg

The first time i've seen this since the cinema and really enjoyed it again.
I'm not going into the story as i'm sure everyones seen it by now, just going to say that i like the darker tone and more downbeat vibe the film exudes, to me it just feels a little more adult and riskier than a lot of the other films.

Also love the design that ties in with the originals and the references such as original style stormtroopers and AT-AT style vehicles, even the newer stuff like the black Stormtroopers and new droid fit in well, also the focus was a lot more on the humans and the downplaying of creatures worked well.

At times it feels like more of a war film, and although a pretty straightforward story i felt this let the humanity shine through, rather than focusing on Jedi's and their superhuman powers.
The closest we get is the Kung Fu blind guy who stands out and kicks ass, also the main woman is very good i thought.

The main Darth Vader scene i really like because he just seems more powerful than ever, and it's pretty juicy how it leads in to the original films.

Ok so there's a bit of a problem with the Cushing and Fisher scene's but i didn't find it as off putting on the T.V, i don't actually mind the scenes they just could have been a bit more discrete and with a less is more approach they would have worked better.

Still all in all i rate this in the top 3 with A new hope and Empire.
(haven't seen the new one yet.)
9/10

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.