View Single Post
Old 4th February 2018, 10:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quentin Tarantino criticised by Asia Argento, Jessica Chastain after Uma Thurman details alleged treatment on Kill Bill set | The Independent

Quentin Tarantino criticised by Asia Argento, Jessica Chastain after Uma Thurman details alleged treatment on Kill Bill set
Thurman claims the director persuaded her to partake in a dangerous stunt

Hollywood persons have reacted vehemently to an interview with Uma Thurman, in which the actor alleges Harvey Weinstein assaulted her and Quentin Tarantino persuaded her to partake in a dangerous stunt that led to hospitalisation.

Those to have spoken out against Tarantino include Asia Argento, Jessica Chastain, and Judd Apatow, all of whom criticised the director’s alleged behaviour.

“Weinstein and Tarantino, what a pair!” Argento wrote on Twitter. “A serial rapist and a near murderer. It’s no ****ing joke what these abhorrent criminals did to Uma Thurman, before and after Kill Bill. They put her life, her dignity, her sanity in danger. Burn in hell you sick ****s.”

Chastain wrote: “I keep imagining Tarantino spitting in Uma's face and strangling her with a chain for Kill Bill. How many images of women in media do we celebrate that showcase abuse? When did this become normalised ‘entertainment’?"

In an interview with The New York Times, Thurman details an incident from the set of Kill Bill. According to the actor, she was warned about a stunt requiring her to drive a car, being told by the film’s team the vehicle was dangerous.

After allegedly telling Tarantino she feared driving the car, the director persuaded her to partake in the stunt. Footage has since surfaced of Thurman driving the car — which she describes as a “death-box” — and crashing into a tree, an incident that led to her being hospitalised and returning to set in a neck brace.

ROMAN POLANSKI WILL 'PLAY KEY ROLE' IN QUENTIN TARANTINO'S NEXT FILM
Thurman also alleges that Tarantino spat on her face during a scene and strangled her with a chain for another, all for the cinematic effect the director wanted.

“Harvey assaulted me but that didn’t kill me,” she told the publication. “What really got me about the crash was that it was a cheap shot. I had been through so many rings of fire by that point. I had really always felt a connection to the greater good in my work with Quentin and most of what I allowed to happen to me and what I participated in was kind of like a horrible mud wrestle with a very angry brother. But at least I had some say, you know?”

Weinstein has since issued a statement on the allegations, denying any physical attack on Thurman, the producer’s lawyer even considering legal action.