View Single Post
Old 7th February 2018, 08:20 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Cornwall. The land of Cornish pasties, pixes and Straw Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakshaun View Post
The prequels are ineptly made and incoherent films. however they were consistent in the story they were telling. The disney trilogy are competently made, however the difficulty is that the story for me is inconsistent especially after TLJ, especially when you consider that it's meant to be a trilogy.
Abrams pussyfooted around, johnson trolled the fanboys and abrams will probably pussyfoot around again. But they will be competently filmed and not be a visualization of a migraine.
Disney realize it's a goldmine and will do fan service if it means profit. Even if it lets EA use it as a gambling simulator.

Sent from my MediaPad T1 8.0 Pro using Tapatalk
There's no denying from me that what you see in the film from a technical aspect is up to standard. But we do need a coherent and well observed storyline that allows the loose ends of The Force Awakens to be carried through effectively. Even though I absolutely dispised the film directed by Abrams, he did give the next director a chance to fill in the gaps. Johnson in my view is partly to blame for the mess of The Last Jedi, but also Bob Iger and Kathleen Kennedy should be held responsible for the wreck that's been unleashed. Bob Iger for overseeing Kennedy's position into Disney/Lucasfilm, and also having a say on the overall direction of where the Star Wars franchise will ultimately go. Kennedy takes shots from Iger over the way the stories are developed and created by whom ever is directing the film.

The input from all three individuals adds to the overall product that's created. From the way I see it, Disney certainly aren't an incompetent company. But from what has transpired since 2015 with The Force Awakens, and now The Last Jedi, you have to think that maybe Disney would also like to see the back of Star Wars altogether. There's no question that Disney also want to milk the franchise until it's like an empty husk for monetary gain, that's an absolute dead cert, but now you have Solo, and the casting of the main actor is very suspect, when you have a potential three actors that could've of played the part of Solo, and actually looked like the main protagonist, Harrison Ford.

There's obviously some highly inept casting director's in Hollywood, or maybe Disney just want's to bring a stain to what went before. It's more like a scorched earth policy. Every useful character is either killed or stripped of any sense of what went before without any respect to the past. Star Wars certainly deserved far better than this.