View Single Post
Old 17th February 2018, 11:05 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I'm glad you mentioned that Schizo sags in the middle, i was thinking as i was reading your words 'Oh Frankie, it's just too long for such high praise' but you mention this so you redeem yourself. It's certainly gloomy and terribly Grittish, using Jack Watson as a red herring throughout.

It's not my favourite Pete Walker film by any stretch of the imagination. That honour goes to Frightmare, The Flesh and Blood Show and Man of Violence, but like so much, no, all of Walkers work is a must have for any serious collector.

This Devil's Domain thing? Is it on dvd or bollocks like Prime?
Yes, 'Schizo' is too long, and that usually bothers me, but in this case it didn't. I suppose at the end of the day it is a minor work of his, to set alongside 'The House of Mortal Sin' rather than 'Frightmare', but for some reason I've always really liked it over and above the others. Just another case of subjective / objective not always working out when it comes to taste... but everyone on here must know that! I must try 'Man Of Violence' and 'The Flesh and Blood Show', never really thought about getting hold of them, despite counting myself as a third division Pete Walker 'fan'.

'Devil's Domain' is available on stateside DVD and multi-region BD and is worth a punt if you're into morally dubious schlock with a high quota of ickyness to it, which almost certainly you are.