View Single Post
Old 17th February 2018, 10:27 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop View Post
No, never seen it. I read something and it put me off. Can't remember why, I just came away from it thinking "that sounds boring, think I'll keep an eye out for the onw with the old cannibal lady who murders people with a drill". That was twenty five years ago, when I first started hearing about Walker's movies. Never thought about it since really, probably just narrow mindedness on my part. Based on what you say, I'll give it a go. Is 'Man of Violence' any good, or just like an episode of 'The Sweeney' or something?

Well, I can definitely say that DD is 'better' than 'The Vault', or at least more interesting / disturbing / shite in a good way / shite in a WTF way...
Ha,ha... The Vault!

I really like Man of Violence. It's not really like an episode of The Sweeney.

The BFI release (all of them - dvd and bluray) also has Walker's The Big Switch as an extra... two cuts of it. I prefer that film to the main feature. Especially the 77 min export cut.

Amusingly Walker writes his own BFI booklet if i remember rightly.

As long as you are aware that neither film is horror (Which you are so i'm not sure why i said that) i don't see why you wouldn't enjoy them. Do you enjoy British crime films from that era?