View Single Post
Old 15th March 2018, 06:07 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I read recently that the boys from 88 were of the opinion that the Slasher Collection was coming to a natural demise and maybe it was time to end the line. I don't know how true this is, perhaps someone else knows, but today I received 4 more BD's in the Asia line and it made me think.

I collected the Slasher Collection up until # 20 and it then came to an end for me because many of their releases I already owned copies of, Intruder and a whole slew of Code Red releases that I didn't want to double dip on coz they're not really that good. I understand that the ones I own are not UK discs and that these films should get a release in the UK to let those unable to import to at least get hold of some of these titles.. but I would guess that a large sales drop-off from these titles might be down to that. Hey, I could well be talking out my arse, I'll give you that!

On to the Asia line.... or is it the Shaw Bros line? Again, I have them all and it started off so brightly but since # 10 has started withering for me. Just my personal taste, I know, but there are so many awesome Asian films from Korea and Japan and many more Chinese non-Shaw Bros films. Lets get some Chow Yun Fat, Anthony Wong, John Woo, Ringo Lam and Takashi Miike delivering some Heroic Bloodshed, CAT 111, Yakuza-balls-to-the-wall madness going! No....? Is it just me? Probably...!!

On a positive note though I'm still loving the Italian Collection and think they're doing a stonking job on those. I'm just waiting for them to tell us they have The Beast in Heat and Gestapos Last Orgy coming soon.........