View Single Post
Old 15th March 2018, 08:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
I read recently that the boys from 88 were of the opinion that the Slasher Collection was coming to a natural demise and maybe it was time to end the line. I don't know how true this is, perhaps someone else knows, but today I received 4 more BD's in the Asia line and it made me think.

I collected the Slasher Collection up until # 20 and it then came to an end for me because many of their releases I already owned copies of, Intruder and a whole slew of Code Red releases that I didn't want to double dip on coz they're not really that good. I understand that the ones I own are not UK discs and that these films should get a release in the UK to let those unable to import to at least get hold of some of these titles.. but I would guess that a large sales drop-off from these titles might be down to that. Hey, I could well be talking out my arse, I'll give you that!

On to the Asia line.... or is it the Shaw Bros line? Again, I have them all and it started off so brightly but since # 10 has started withering for me. Just my personal taste, I know, but there are so many awesome Asian films from Korea and Japan and many more Chinese non-Shaw Bros films. Lets get some Chow Yun Fat, Anthony Wong, John Woo, Ringo Lam and Takashi Miike delivering some Heroic Bloodshed, CAT 111, Yakuza-balls-to-the-wall madness going! No....? Is it just me? Probably...!!

On a positive note though I'm still loving the Italian Collection and think they're doing a stonking job on those. I'm just waiting for them to tell us they have The Beast in Heat and Gestapos Last Orgy coming soon.........

No shit I'd like The Ebola Syndrome and Dr Lamb for starters thank you and gooodnight

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]