View Single Post
Old 9th April 2018, 11:31 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post
What about the Eurovista label from the early days of DVD? I've only one release, which is Cut Throats 9. I'm pretty sure it's a bootleg, but the print's not too shabby and there are a couple of nice extras as well.
The guys at luminous film and video works (LFVW) put out a handful of films under this name, and well as selling many imports and obscurities on their wonderful website (sorely missed!). As well as a nice looking Cut Throats 9 they also put out The Dead are Alive, Battle of the Amazons and Amuck. The latter title is pan & scan, looks like an ok VHS, but the others look alright and even have nice menus and text info etc. So a superior bootleg, I guess. LFVW later listed hundreds of DVDr titles on their site, but soon after this seemed to disappear.

Talking of bootleg/grey market outfits, I had a soft spot for Beverly Wilshire. Nasty generic looking covers, no photos from the film and a synopsis on the back cover written by someone with English as a second language, who didn't seem to have watched the film. Nevertheless, the first company to put out many Mexican horror obscurities, Santo films, etc. in very watchable condition.