View Single Post
Old 21st June 2018, 07:04 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Some of their releases lacked bonus materials and colour correction. However i punted out for that severin dulux release of zombie 3 and find myself preferring 88s. Emanuel in America wasnt the upgrade i thought it would be either. A shame as severins buio omega was better
I was aware of criticism in some quarters in terms of some of their releases such as Zombie Holocaust and Zombie 3. I compared screenshots of both the 88 Films and the Severin versions of the former and I thought both featured shots that were better than the opposing release. In the end I'm very happy with the 88 Films Zombie Holocaust blu-ray but others may disagree.

When I took a quick look at screenshots of both 88 Films and the Severin versions of the latter I didn't notice too much of a difference between them.

Severin are capable of decent transfers but some of their releases feature heavy use of DVNR that makes them look far worse than they should. For example El Conde Dracula, Two Female Spies with Flowered Panties and, to a less extent, Vampyros Lesbos.