View Single Post
Old 31st August 2018, 09:52 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Nothing for me and as others said crimson peak is a weird choice, I like the film but won't double dip until/if a 4K ultra version is releashed.
I really like Crimson Peak and have watched the BD several times. I also love watching the supplementary material because Guillermo del Toro is a masterful filmmaker and someone who I find fascinating to watch and listen to as he explains how he develops his films and uses his encyclopaedic knowledge of film to talk about stories, designs, costumes and all the other little visual aspects which make his films so fascinating to watch multiple times.

All that being said, I don't know if I would spend for work on another release on the same format simply to some more supplementary material – I would much rather a 4K Ultra HD release or a remastered and extras-later release of an earlier film like Cronos or The Devil's Backbone.

I am very interested by the spaghetti westerns and the De Palma/De Niro films and will probably buy them at some point though, with the exception of Django, probably not straight away.