View Single Post
Old 17th September 2018, 02:13 AM
Cult Addict

Thirsty for Love, Sex and Murder (1972)

71qUVDbGLuL.jpg

I accidentally signed up for the Amazon prime trial when ordering something , so thought i may as well peruse the dodgy films, have set up a watchlist and am going to try and watch a few over the next few weeks.

First up was this, dragged in by the title, (Which i'd never heard of) and the fact that's it's only an hour long.

A Turkish giallo (well basically a remake of "The strange vice of Mrs Wardh") this was really entertaining (i thought), full of bad editing and even dodgier acting that i found at points hilarious.
Then smothered with a completely slapdash soundtrack that sounds like a mix of slow melodies, cut up and chopped together by a moron on speed, then blended with what sounds like a fuzz guitar being fought over by a gang of hungry alley cats.

It's not particularly gory, but it's filled with stupid scenes like where a victim is asking the killer not to rape her (as she slowly undoes her top ..eh?) whilst he is not even touching her and she could easily run away.
Also a detective who acts all chilled then suddenly shouts questions in witnesses faces randomly, and a guy who suddenly does cartwheels to evade bullets.

Not a good film in any sense of the word but i found it really entertaining. 7/10

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.