View Single Post
Old 17th September 2018, 09:10 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default The Thing with Two Heads (1972)

The Thing with Two Heads (1972)

Have you ever wondered what you would do, if a two headed gorilla went on a rampage in your scientific laboratory...?no,And I expect Ray Milland never ever thought about it either until he made this film..Out of all the scripts that must of come his way (although at his age and at the time these would of been dwindling) what would of made him think that this was the one.Then again he would go on to work with Frankie Howerd,appear in the Love Boat and make the TV Movie The Royal Romance of Charles and Diana so he would be no stranger to horror and misery.Although im pretty sure no one ever suggested that to save Lady Diana,they should have her head transplanted onto the body of Camilla Parker Bowles,all the while being filmed by the guy that gave us The Black Gestapo (1975),maybe in a parallel universe perhaps...Factoid,Rick Baker plays the gorilla,this was in his gorilla phase where he was the go to guy for anything simian..No doubt this has made its way onto a few so bad its good lists,but I think its genuinely better than that,every body involved gives it 100%,theres no gurning at the camera or stupidness for the sake of it,in fact while it obviously had a meagre budget its still very well made and dare I say well directed. Of course it helps if you embrace the whole madness of what your seeing,a racist doctor having his head transplanted onto a rather large black fella 'Rosey' Grier,but hey if people can watch and enjoy Avatar (2009) then anything is possible.Also it pays not to study Ray Millands head to much when he's not in close up....You jive.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg the-thing-with-two-heads.29620.jpg (106.2 KB, 2 views)