View Single Post
Old 20th September 2018, 05:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Destruction babies

Boasting "the most extreme 108 minutes in Japanese cinema history" i'm not sure the film lives up to that boast. However while not the most extreme its certainly the most relentless. The central character is 18 year old Taira whose got a few screws loose. He's wandering the local town beating the shit out of people and getting the shit knocked out of himself as well. Taira's younger brother is a skater punk who wanders the cities red light districts and shopping centres looking for his brother. Taira's antics attract the attention of another teen called Yuya who also seems to have a few screws loose. He begins film Taira's antics and soon gets involved, escalating the pairs behaviour to the point the police get involved.
Destruction babies feels like the sort of teen violence picture Harmony Korine might make. The violence is brutal, somewhat realistic and quite nasty in places. It's also relentless, it left me feeling utterly pummelled and desensitised. I picked it up in Fopp for £6 and I highly recommend giving it a chance.

SOLD

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]