View Single Post
Old 21st September 2018, 07:39 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Yep some films would, but still plenty of films that still use real stunts ,sure most of the stunts are real in the mission impossible films etc. I was more talking about sci-fi and fantasy films which are effects heavy , and if the cgi is done right they look great and add to your immersion in the film,granted a lot with shitty effects.
But even in the 80's which you mentioned, they still used practical methods in sci-fi, especially in model work for space craft and the like.

I like the Marvel films. Avengers Assembly was terrific, but others are just so CGI heavy. I zone out of them when they start throwing buildings and planets at each other.

This new one where Captain Marvel saves the day...It won't be long before Galactus twats everyone using planets in a universal game of ten pin bowling.

Maybe i just prefer my superheroes to be more grounded ala the Keaton and Nolan Batman movies.

Thinking out loud now. TV stuff like Arrow, The Flash and Supergirl are also FX heavy but in moderation. It's all so less in your face. Maybe they should cut Marvel movies budgets by 100m or so?