View Single Post
Old 22nd September 2018, 10:53 AM
Cult Acolyte

Default in: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.s13e03.
I was very dubious about this episode,I mean an episode without the guys,with only a brief cameo from Frank and an even smaller one from Mac and Charlie on a phone,well it seemed like a recipe for disaster.But im glad to say that my fears were allayed and the episode in general was very good,not top tier Sunny but still a good crack at doing the old recycling an episode idea,,which they have used in a previous episode to good effect...Even if you do not know who Wade Boggs is (lets be honest everything is just a google click away now a days) the original episode entitled The Gang Beats Boggs,is a definitely a Sunny classic,encompassing everything we love about the show,sex,drink,drugs more sex and the ghost of Boggs (even though he's not dead).Basically the gang try to beat Boggs alleged drinking of 70 beers before a big baseball game on a plane, you've heard of snakes on a plane well this is beer on a plane..In ."The Gang Beats Boggs: Ladies Reboot" ,well the ladies of Sunny try to emulate there men rivals to beat the Boggs record.What saves this episode is they don't try to crowbar any new character into the story,so you have Mac and Charlies mums,the waitress,Artemis and even Mary Lynn Rajskub as Gail the Snail...And of course Dee who as normal ends up a total drunk wreck.Whats noticeable about this season is that most of the stories have been written by female writers and judging by the credits its also women directors,which is no bad thing,and as Artemis points out you are not expecting gross out humour from women...well on Sunny you probably are...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vlcsnap-2018-09-22-06h19m54s719.jpg (49.1 KB, 2 views)