View Single Post
Old 8th October 2018, 10:07 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

VIRUS FILMS
  1. 12 Monkeys – Predominately about finding a cure for a virus which has wiped out most the world's population
  2. [REC] – Virus in an apartment block. It's a simple setup for this high concept film, one which doesn't seem to diminish with repeated viewings
  3. Serenity – The 'Reavers' were created by a virus and are such a terrifying presence in this wonderfully entertaining sci-fi/action film by Joss Whedon
  4. 28 Days Later – The 'Rage' virus is responsible for the animalistic and cannibalistic behaviour
  5. Masque of the Red Death – I'm not sure whether the titular plague is a virus or a bacterium, but it's a great film
  6. Pontypool – A language based virus leads to a thoughtful, and deeply claustrophobic, exploration of the nature of communication
  7. Mimic – Guillermo del Toro isn't too fond of this film about the spread of the deadly 'Strickler's disease', but I really like it, particularly the 2011 director's cut
  8. The Crazies (1973) – The virus released and code named Trixie is genuinely frightening, and the film thought-provoking
  9. Rabid – I don't think this is underrated, but it's probably not considered one of Cronenberg's best. That said, it's exploration of a viral outbreak is brilliant
  10. Train to Busan – It might be premature to put this film about a Rage-esque virus into a top 10 the bad virus films, but I was blown away by this great South great movie

Last edited by Nosferatu@Cult Labs; 9th October 2018 at 09:17 AM.