View Single Post
Old 11th October 2018, 12:11 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Beyond The Door.

Dimitri(Richard Jonestone) is a satanist who dies in a car crash and is given 10 more years extra life by the Devil in exchange for making sure that his ex girlfriend gives birth to Satan's child. Meanwhile his ex Jessica Barrett(juliette mills) is now living in San francisco with her husband(Garielle lavia the chap who starred in Deep red) together with their two children and is shocked to discover that she's pregnent again despite being on the pill.

This is another interesting film from Ovidio assontis who's film The Visitor i recently watched as well. and although it's not quite as out there as The Vistitor it still has a lot of head scratching moments, especially the ending that is left open to the viewers interuptations.
The film itself borrows heavily from The Exorcist and Rosemarys Baby and was one of many rip offs in the 1970s. however this one does have a lot of charm and unintentional comedy as well, especially from Juliette mills children and the daughter in particular, who is always swearing and talking like a hippy stoner in a hilarious dubbed voice that made me laugh so much.
Juliette mills herself is also a very nice leading lady indeed and is excellent as a woman possessed with a devil baby. and has several interesting scenes were shes floating, eating banana skins off the pavement, her head doing 360o turn, and puking and shouting obscenties.

It's a little on the long side with some padding at times, including a bizarre musical interlude were a bunch of black chaps are playing flutes in the street with one of them using his nose.
but all in all i liked this film a lot with it's great cast, spooky atmosphere, and narration by Satan himself. and i will give it 80.5 out of 100.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg beyond the door 2.jpg (6.8 KB, 3 views)