View Single Post
Old 30th October 2018, 09:10 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Re: Inside No.9

The Guardian loved it

"...Event TV is a term that is now lazily applied to everything from cookery shows to talent contests. But the Inside No 9 live special really did deserve that description. It is now on BBC iPlayer and is well worth a second (or indeed, first) look. But if you weren’t there at 10pm on Sunday, you missed the essence of it. What the show demonstrated was that in the hands of true masters, modern media networks like Twitter are simply more tools, more colours a writer can add to their palette. The show’s closest relative is probably BBC One’s spectacular 1992 Halloween epic Ghostwatch. But Ghostwatch was able to take advantage of less jaded, less media-savvy, more credulous times. To even approach its mischief and magic in 2018 feels like a triumph of imagination. It also feels like a vindication of the idea that in the right hands, TV still has the capacity to surprise, disconcert and delight."
My mates disagreed and thought it was garbage, I liked it however it probably would have been better to watch it on Sunday rather than on the iplayer

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk