View Single Post
Old 29th November 2018, 03:48 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Seven Deaths in The Cats Eye.

Corringa(jane Birkin) is expelled from school and returns home to her familys gothic scottish castle, and finds that a black gloved maniac is on the rampage and offing all her relations. and the only witness to the crimes is the fluffy moggy.

Not a bad effort at all from Cannibal apocalypse director Antonio margheriti, which has a nice creepy gothic feel, with spooky secret passageways and graveyards.
However, the gore effects are pretty poorly done with the blood looking like paint splashes, and the scenes with an ape are obviously a chap in a suit.

on the plus side there is also a sexy french teacher who swings both ways, lusting after the sweet and innocent Birkin and the sleazy doctor played by Anton Diffrig, and adds a bit of eye candy to the proceedings.

my biggest critisism though is how dark the film looks. Maybe it's supposed to look this way, i don't know. but it's one of the darkest blu-rays that i have ever seen, next to Bava's Whip and the Body.

but all in all, i award this stylish and atmospheric gothic style giallo 70 out of 100.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg seven-deaths-cats-eye-5.jpg (17.5 KB, 4 views)