View Single Post
Old 7th December 2018, 01:11 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Here's a question I was pondering at work today (the thought of Doctor Who often gets me through long, depressing shifts). What is the turkey of each decade? Name the worst television story from each of these decades:

1960s
1970s
1980s
2000s
2010s

Okay for me I'd (currently) go with-

60's: The Space Pirates
70's: Underworld
80's: Terminus
00's: Fear Her
10's: The Tsuranga Conundrum

I say currently because I've only seen all of the 60's, 70's and 00's. I still have Seasons 21-24 to sit through with my marathon and I've seen absolutely nothing from 23 or 24 so Terminus (boring, tedious and dull) could change, especially if Twin Dilemma, Time and Rani etc are as bad as they're said to be.

The 00's like very late 1969 to 1975 (basically Episode 1 of The War Games to The Ark in Space Episode 4) is very consistent in quality, with nothing which stands out as bad. I haven't seen Fear Her in years but its one I've had no desire to re-watch so I'm basing it on that but that could change when I get to the 00's in my marathon and re-evaluate them.

Do I even need to justify my choice for the 10's? I've still to see The Return of Doctor Mysterio but i'm sure its better than... Ugh.