View Single Post
Old 14th December 2018, 11:17 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by troggi View Post
If Steve 'n' Seagulls happen to be playing anywhere remotely near to you... GO AND SEE THEM!!! They are absolutely awesome! You can watch as many Youtube videos of them as you want but that will not give you the slightest whiff of the energy and enthusiasm of the band.

The support was okay if you like wrist-slitty country & western. Mrs troggi liked 'em, I thought they were "meh!" Now where can I buy a hat made out of a badger?
I've just had one of those moments. Y' know, when you see something that you've written and think "now, I wonder if I'm the only one that..." So, to explain Steve 'n' Seagulls are from Finland, they play rock and metal covers on accoustic instruments like banjo, double bass and mandolin, they ARE awesome (and that is not a superlative in this case), and one of them wears a hat made out of a badger (great if you have a cold head and need lots of paintbrushes, not so great if you are a supporter of PETA).

p.s. some paintbrushes are made of badger hair (responsibly culled, of course).

p.p.s. I've just thought on, no one can that my tongue is firmly in my cheek, can they?

p.p.p.s. I CAN keep my tongue in my cheek because I don't have to speak the words as I type them anymore. I'm a big boy now.

Monster Magnet