View Single Post
Old 15th December 2018, 01:53 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop View Post
Ha ha, 'The Raven' was what I was thinking of when I mentioned the potential highlights of Lommel's cheapskate video years... I seem to remember liking it for its incomprehensibility, rubbish video effects and general toss-off status, although ninety nine percent of discerning horror fans will think it's awful. Well, I did buy it for a measley quid in Sainsburys, so I have to say it was worth at least that much.

Thanks for the heads up re 'Nightmares' - was wavering, but will now give it a definite miss. You'd think all the weird shit inc. Toni Basil in 'Slaughterhouse Rock' would make it a hit, but alas it's as unfortifying as you say.

Nightmares
is a decent package and probably worth the six quid it cost me in Fopp especially if you have a CEX near you as they'll give you half your cash back which doesn't make me feel too bad.

The rat sequences are just embarrassing. It's basically the old method of Colour Separation Overlay where they add the image of a rat on top of the actual film itself. It takes you right out of the 'zone'... if you were ever actually in it.