View Single Post
Old 24th December 2018, 01:27 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Default Decemberdike

December 22nd

Secret Santa (2018)

The usual scenario - a family Christmas Eve get together, gifts, arguments, military grade sodium pentothal, that kind of thing.

Secret Santa is an utterly bonkers film. Crammed with witty dialogue of the bitchy back biting variety, it's a depiction of the perfect, if that's the right word, dysfunctional family as from the half hour mark total mayhem kicks in. I laughed and cringed, often at the same time, and really enjoyed this gory and wickedly funny over the top thrill ride.

Not for the feint of heart.

.................................................. ..............................

December 23rd

Better Watch Out (2016)

A 17 year old girl gets a job baby sitting a precocious 12-year-old boy.

That's really all i'm going to say plot wise. Better Watch Out is a well made, twisty turny, seasonal horror thriller with nods to a more famous seasonal film. Whilst at times infuriating with it's plot contrivances it's still a very enjoyable thriller, but, and this is a big but, now i know what happens i'm not sure it's one i'd return to despite it being a fairly gripping hour and a half's entertainment. Had it been that bit grittier it may well have proved a more satisfying experience.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Poster_Sectret Santa.jpg (104.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Better_Watch_Out-Poster-wide.jpg (63.7 KB, 4 views)