View Single Post
Old 31st December 2018, 11:49 AM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Finally got around to watching Don't Open Till Christmas last night after meaning to see it for years.

I absolutely loved it! A great sleazy, British slasher with touches of giallo. It seems to get quite a bit of hate on IMDb, but I thought it was ace. The film is set around London, with a masked killer going round killing anyone dressed up as Santa.

The kills are great - one Santa gets his face shoved into hot oil before his head bursts into flames. Another Santa gets stabbed whilst at a peep show. And, the best of the bunch, one Santa gets his...member... cut off with a razor blade whilst taking a piss. It has a surprisingly large body count too - about 14 I think.

Very sleazy - lots of boobies. It's interesting too to see London back in the 80s - I had no idea peep shows were like that. Hilarious dialogue too - no surprise then that it's directed by one of the stars of Pieces

For me, Don't Open Till Christmas is now my favourite festive horror film, along with Silent Night Deadly Night. Pure fun (often unintentional)