View Single Post
Old 14th January 2019, 11:10 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Season 22 was an interesting experience overall. A bit risky sometimes: the one recurring theme throughout was that The Doctor and Peri would either materialise miles away from the action (and take ages/half the story to get there) or get stuck in the TARDIS for most of the first Episode. Attack of the Cybermen, Timelash and especially Revelation of the Daleks stick out in that regard.

But... I liked all the Stories. Including Twin Dilemma from the last Season that's 7 Stories in a row that at the very least have been average or higher. This is the first time this has happened since Season 14: 8 years beforehand.

Twin Dilemma: bad reputation but its hilarious. I'm not sure its supposed to be but it is and therefore I enjoyed it.

Attack of the Cybermen: Comfort Who. Episode 1 is amongst the best single episodes in the whole series.

Vengeance on Varos: A stone cold masterpiece and Colin's best so far. Very morbid even by Hinchcliffe/Holmes standards but that's a good thing.

The Mark of the Rani: Another one with a bad reputation that it doesn't deserve. Watching the three timelords battle it out was great.

The Two Doctors: Overall a good Story. Would have liked to have seen more of Colin and Pat interact but otherwise everything else was on point.

Timelash: Well written and a good idea. They may have had a low budget but they worked around it reasonably well.

Revelation of the Daleks: A mixed bag. When it was amazing it worked though. Interesting (but annoying) to see they kept the TARDIS crew out of the action for a whole 50% of the Story which was a problem for me. However come Episode 2 when Colin gets a chance to face Davros whilst Orcini gets to be a badass, it all picks up and ends on a high.

I'd gladly watch any of the 7 Stories above again over almost anything from Series 11 with the possible exception of the one with the Frog (which most people seem to agree was good until that one moment).