View Single Post
Old 3rd March 2019, 01:21 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
My problem was not that they didn't like the Akercocke album it's that just didn't even try break it down they just dismissed it altogether and from what they said it felt like they reviewed one track didn't like the vocals and just threw a review together based on that. Everyone has different tastes but if they were a bit more in depth with how they didn't like it I would of went along with it but they just said something along the lines of not sure what they wanted to achieve with these vocals and moved on to the next album.

I'm a big fan of Banger TV I watch it all the time and I love Sam Dunns passion but this neglectful attitude from the two reviewers rubbed me up the wrong way and if it was a band I wasn't a big fan of I would feel the same this is not a fan boy reaction. It just felt lazy to me
Reminds me of a Queensryche show i went to at Manchester Academy in 2004. The Terrorizer reviewer, a guy called Paul Stenning, said it was a poor show reliant on new material and the fans were pissed off at the lack of classic songs.

It wasn't announced prior but they played Operation Mindcrime in full (i was in heaven) and encored with Empire, Best i Can, NM156 and Screaming in Digital. Not a new song in sight or anything from post 1990 at all.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/queen...d-3d78d33.html

I never bought Terrorizer again.