View Single Post
Old 13th April 2019, 05:08 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
About a week ago, I finished watching the entire The World at War series, a monumentally impressive and informative series. The range of contributors is remarkable, from Holocaust survivors to Albert Speer, Traudl Junge (Hitler's secretary) to Lord Avon, covering the totality of the conflict: civilian, military, and political, and from almost every nation.

The 26 episodes are exhaustive enough by themselves, but there's a further wealth of information on the extended interviews and other documentaries on the bonus discs, making this a great watch for anyone who is interested in World War II and modern history in general.
I remember watching all of these when i was very young on tv with my family, it was really fascinating and a great series but i'm pretty sure it contributed greatly to me developing depression as i got older.

It should be shown in school, or at least a couple of parts of it because people should never forget what happened, but when people are a bit older, maybe 14/15 years old alongside that "They shall not grow old" film.

I think i must have been about 9.
Pretty much wiped out any childhood innocence i had left.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.