View Single Post
Old 6th May 2019, 04:45 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Intruder (1989)

There are times when Scott Spiegel's Intruder feels more like a parody rather than a straight-up slasher flick, all that's missing is the Wayans Bros and you would have another entry in the Scary Movie franchise, maybe it's all those ridiculous camera angles looking up through the telephone dials, or shopping trolleys or cling film when someones wrapping something or maybe its the goofy characters and stoner dude dialogue...And while those gimmicky shots are pretty jarring and unnecessary what brings you back into the film with a jolt is the gore scenes, and while the effects don't always stand close scrutiny, especially on blu ray, there still pretty grim, compared to the tone of the rest of the film, I mean how many times have we seen the bumbling comedy cops in horror film, something which I blame Wes Cravens original Last House on the Left for..Anyhow this was a big flick to get on bootleg videotape back in the day, mostly prompted by some rather colorful if gruesome pics appearing in Gorezone magazine the offshoot from Fangoria magazine..Dan Hicks as Bill Roberts is if nothing else entertaining and probably his portrayal in Evil Dead 2 is only slightly better, but boy he sure knows how to portray goofy characters. It's still an enjoyable slasher movie for all its shortcomings, and the blu ray is a damn sight better than my old bootleg VHS, so I shouldn't complain too much, and besides Raimi deserved what he got in that film for directing SpiderMan...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg poster-780.jpg (96.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg sam4.jpg (50.5 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by Inspector Abberline; 6th May 2019 at 06:27 PM.