View Single Post
Old 13th June 2019, 05:35 AM
Cult Master

The Visitation – Part 1
The Doctor: Earth, Heathrow, 1981.
Adric: Doctor?
The Doctor: Not one of the most stimulating places in the universe, but nevertheless, where requested to be.
Adric: Doctor?
(The scanner shows a woodland walk.)
The Doctor: Oh, no.
(Tegan and Nyssa enter.)
Tegan: Is that supposed to be Heathrow?
Adric: It is.
Tegan: Well, they've certainly let the grass grow since I was last there.
Adric: Well, actually, they haven't built the airport yet. We're about three hundred years early.
Tegan: That's great. Perhaps I can go out, file a claim on the land. When they get round to inventing the aircraft, I'll make a fortune.
The Doctor: Hmm, yes, a small error has been made.
Tegan: You call three hundred years a small error?
The Doctor: It's probably due to nothing more than a temperamental solenoid on the lateral balance cones.
Tegan: Why do you always have some incomprehensible answer?
The Doctor: And, as you know, the Tardis isn't always (A handle comes off in the Doctor's hand.) er, reliable.
Tegan: Call yourself a Time Lord? A broken clock keeps better time than you do. At least it's accurate twice a day, which is more than you ever are.
(Tegan opens the Tardis door and storms out.)
The Doctor: Why does she always overreact?
Nyssa: I think she's finding the idea of going more painful than she thought.
The Doctor: Then why didn't she say so, rather than fly off the handle like that.
Nyssa: That's Tegan.
Adric: Perhaps you'd better talk to her.
The Doctor: No, no, no. Too much has been said already. Earthlings.
The Visitation – Part 2
(Tegan and Adric are awake and strapped to the couch. The android moves around his room. Meanwhile, a monitor is switched on that shows the Doctor, Nyssa and Mace in the main room. There is no sound. The owner of a green scaly hand with long claws speaks.)
Leader: Who is this man?
Tegan: Who said that?
Leader: Answer my question!
Adric: The Doctor.
Leader: And where is this Doctor from?
Tegan: He's never told us. He likes to be mysterious, although he talks a lot about, er, Guildford. I think that's where he comes from.
Leader: You are being a very stupid woman.
Tegan: That isn't a very original observation.
Leader: I know that he is not of this planet or time.
Adric: What rubbish.
Leader: The Doctor has a sonic device which he used to dismantle the energy barrier. He also has an understanding of the gas known as soliton.
Adric: We don't know anything about that.
Leader: You are wearing synthetic garments manufactured by technology as yet unknown on this planet.
Tegan: You'll have to ask my tailor about that.
The Visitation – Part 3
Leader: I said I would demonstrate how I'm to rid this planet of all it's primitives. It's very simple.
(Tegan removes the sack from the cage. The Terileptil uses his sonic hypodermic on the squeaking occupants.)
The Doctor: The poor old black rat and his flea.
Leader: The infection it now carries has been genetically re-engineered. Although heavily infected, it will outlive you all.
The Doctor: But you'd need thousands of them.
Leader: I have thousands of them. They are awaiting release in a nearby city. Their infection will kill every living thing.
The Doctor: I thought the local plague was already doing that?
Leader: Ah, but our rats will ensure there are no survivors. A final visitation.
The Doctor: Then who will serve you?
Leader: Now we have your Tardis, we can travel the universe and acquire androids.
The Doctor: This carnage isn't necessary.
Leader: It's survival, Doctor. Just as these primitives kill lesser species to protect themselves, so I kill them.
The Doctor: That's hardly an argument.
Leader: It's not supposed to be an argument. It's a statement!
The Visitation – Part 4
The Doctor: How do you feel, now?
Tegan: Groggy, sore and bad-tempered.
The Doctor: Oh, almost your old self.
Tegan: It's not very funny. I feel awful. Why is he so full of beans?
Mace: I'm a man of iron.
The Doctor: It's more likely the electrical charge I gave him. So, what am I to do about these?
(His manacles.)
Mace: Have no fear, I am at hand. Have you a piece of wire?
(The Doctor takes out his safety pin.)
The Doctor: Will this be any good?
Mace: Ah. Interesting device. Perfect! I once knew a French acrobat. He wasn't very good at tumbling, but his skill with a piece of bent iron was phenomenal. Luckily, he passed his skill onto me which enabled me to extricate my fee from the strong boxes of more than one disreputable theatre manager. Eureka!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty