View Single Post
Old 13th June 2019, 10:28 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Night of the Big Heat (1967)

Christopher Lee, Patrick Allen and Peter Cushing star in this science fiction / horror romp about a remote Scottish island coping with a heat wave...in the middle of winter.

Directed by Hammer stalwart Terence Fisher,the bulk of the film is practically a kitchen sink drama dripping with sexual tension mainly due to Jane Merrow, as a former lover of Allen's, turning up at his hotel and turning up the heat (did i really just type that?) on their relationship to his wife played by Sarah Lawson from Hammer's The Devil Rides Out. Claustrophobic and sweaty, yet despite the heatwave, Merrow is definitely the hottest thing in this.

The final half hour introduces the aliens responsible for events. Wisely Fisher keeps them out of sight until the last ten minutes, probably because, and i hate to say it, they look a bit crap, and certainly fare better off screen in the viewers imagination than they do in full sight.

Not a bad effort, but all involved have definitely done better.

A film with so many crap posters, but this one below is something else, i think the Italians must have decided to plug it as a Dracula sequel.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 343683595e2569c24122f8496f111aee.jpg (44.8 KB, 6 views)