View Single Post
Old 18th June 2019, 03:12 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Horror Express

I can't believe that I'd never seen this one before! I could tell as soon as it started it was a classic and I should have been ashamed of myself
One of the main things that surprised me was how gruesome it was, not in a particularly violent way, but lots of eye trauma

Great stuff, Arrow's BD looks fantastic, I think I'm going to watch it again tonight with the Jones and Newman comm track. Disappointed by the lack of booklet!
I remember the first time i saw it i was still at school and it was the talk of the playground the next day.

Personally, i think it's a tad over-rated these days. Everyone seems to call it a classic because that's what you do. Just below that for me, and Telly Savalas comes perilously close to de-railing it (pun intended!) IMO.

Its great that new generations of folk are discovery vintage films, but along with it comes the internet ranking phenomena. A previous beneficiary being Blood on Satan's Claw - another good film that it seems is against the law today to not think of it as a classic film.

Both good films, mind and not commenting on your views - just something i've been thinking for a while.