View Single Post
Old 18th June 2019, 08:00 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Episode 7: The Devil's Platform

Episode 7: The Devil's Platform

ev.jpg

The Devil's Platform sees a young and up coming politician rise to power, and anyone who might get in his way, ends up dead due to a bizarre accident or just mauled by a bloody great vicious looking dog...With a youthful looking Tom Skerritt as politician Robert Palmer, this episode shares a few minor similarities with the Omen series, death by elevator, an evil looking dog and a politician with some satanic leanings. While the episode is entertaining enough pot boiler latching onto the satanic and evil dog moral panic that gets thrown up by mainstream media every decade or so, the story does loose momentum midway through, there just is not enough meat on the story to keep it interesting. Yet again its the chemistry between Carl and his editor Tony Vicenzo, that saves the day,
Carl " What don't you like about this hat?"
Tony "What's under it."
And while I understand the budget limitations of a tv series from the 1970s,I have to say that the crypt Palmer does all his satanic blaspheming in, looks like the set from a school play, one good gust of wind could blow over the so called stone walls, of his dungeon/wine cellar. The ending is pretty weak, Carl throw's some holy water and dissolves an amulet that seems to be the source of Palmers power...If Carls not digging up a grave by the end I always feel a little cheated....