View Single Post
Old 25th June 2019, 08:39 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

NOS

I do agree on what you said the sharper the quality can sometimes take away the tonne of the film and then it loses its effect and appeal.

If my DVD quality is good then I'm not arsed about replacing it with blu ray or 4k unless I find it for mere pennies,
But at same time I've got odd blu ray film where quality is absolutely bismall And makes the DVD look like 4k

But where next 8k then what ?

Why can't companies release something that really does need upgrading, like a film that's not seen light of day since vhs, or something obscure that's only been released by one company and its region locked, (people still collect vhs because so many films have not even had a dvd release) after all do we really need New York ripper being released again for the umpteenth time by god knows how many different film companies, look how many times TCM has been released.

I know we all want a decent collection and good collection and we are all different \ fussy in our own way that's just how it is. My collection at moment is here there and everywhere and in order like a junk shop but I still know where to find what I'm looking for. I would like it tidier but that's just how it is at the moment until (hopefully ) we move.