View Single Post
Old 26th June 2019, 10:30 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
So why do people think the second solo on Comfortably Numb so special?

Listened to it a few times recently and can't fault it, but the best solo? Really?

I thought just as it got properly emotive it faded out.

On a separate note. I've listened to The Division Bell a few times and the Echoes best of since we had the Floyd chat and decided that David Gilmour and his guitar were the best things about the band so rather than buying more Floyd albums i bought two Gilmour solo albums - On a Beach and Rattle that Lock.
It’s the PULSE version I love, speaking from a guitarists POV, it wipes the floor with anything by popular fretwankers like Satch, Vai, EVH, Malmsteen etc, Gilmour proves that you don’t need to play a million notes a second and tap the fretboard like some kind of demented idiot to make the guitar sing

Also, when those four notes in Shine on you Crazy Diamond ring out (PULSE again), it never fails to make the hairs stand up on my arms, even watching our local tribute band Off the Wall playing it does the same
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!